Exotic diving on pristine reefs and wrecks. Shore, resort, and Liveaboard diving.
- 4 nights at the Lembeh Resort in Manado, North Sulawesi
- 3 days of diving
- Unlimited shore diving plus 3 boat dives
- mecca of critter diving: Pygmy seahorses, mimic octopus, flamboyant cuttlefish, mandarinfish, hairy frogfish, ghost pipefish, rhinopias, pegasus seamoths, banggai cardinalfish, stargazers, bobbit worms, harlequin shrimp, candy crabs, bobtail squid, devilfish, snake eels, etc
- 1 night in Denpasar, Bali for some sightseeing
- 7 nights aboard the MV Mermaid II – Bali-Komodo-Bali live aboard
- Saturday: July 19 Check-in on board MV Mermaid I between 14:00-16:00 hours in Benoa Harbour Bali. After the boat and safety briefing, we’ll set up equipment and you can settle into your cabin. Dinner will be served approx 19:00 hours as we cruise into the sunset on overnight journey to Moyo Island, North West Sumbawa. Number of dives: 0
- Sunday Start your adventure with a great dive in the calm, clear waters of Angel Reef at Moyo Island. Massive elephant ear and barrel sponges, schools of long fin banner fish and red tooth triggers. In their hundreds, frog fish, nudibrancs, eels, surgeon fish, snapper, dog tooth tuna checking out what is for lunch! Visit the local village then its lunch for us! Next is a great dive at Panjang Reef – are the pygmy seahorses around? Then we cruise 2 hours to Satonda Island for a world class night dive after watching a million bats fly at sunset. After a great dive and dinner we cruise overnight to Sangeang Island, off the north coats of Sumbawa. 3 dives
- Monday 2 dives at Sangeang Island for rare nudibrancs, pygmy seahorse and underwater hot springs that support this very unique marine life. Cruise to Gili Banta for exhilarating dives at Tanduk Rusa for big fish and amazing corals or GPS Point, famous for its sharks and pelagics. Then we enter the Komodo National Park and night dive at Gili Darat South Passage – sleeping turtles, colorful reef stone fish, and Spanish dancers – calm sea- a great place to stay the night. 4 dives
- Tuesday If the tide is right we hunt grey reef shark and dolphin at Taka Toko Gili Lawalaut. Dive 2 is a fast drift with pelagics and manta at Lighthouse Reef or the Old Passage. Then Crystal Rock awesome soft corals and the chance for sharks, turtles, giant Maori wrasse, a ‘fish soup” dive with a high chance of eagle rays too! Then we cruise south for fascinating night dive at Pink Beach near the entrance to the Komodo National Park. 4 dives
- Wednesday Start your day with an exciting visit to Komodo National Park to walk with the dragons! Then relax as we cruise 2 hours south to Horseshoe Bay Rinja Island. Spectacular diving awaits at the world famous site Cannibal Rock – rare nudibrancs, frogfish, spectacular corals, sponges, ascidians, huge black coral bushes, turtles, cuttlefish, loads of reef fish too ! Watch dragons on the beach, monkey, deer, wild pigs along the shore, go beach combin … Maybe even a chance to follow whales and dolphin feeding in the calm bay. We overnight at this peaceful place, night diving at one of the many fabulous spots 3 dives
- Thursday The Three Sisters call us to Padar Island for sharks and nudibrancs, surgeon fish and devil Rays. Manta Alley or Takat Makasar follows for the chance for a manta aggregation – WOW! Batu Bolung aka “Current City” is the home for large Napoleon Wrasse, turtles, blue fin trevally Or maybe a dive at Tatawa Kecil – we check out the currents first to make sure the dive will be cool for everyone on board ! Then we say goodbye to Komodo National Park with a fabulous Night dive at Gili Banta with Coral Cta Shark and more then we cruise west enjoying a post dinner night dive along the way. Overnight we cruise to Satonda Island. 4 dives
- Friday We enjoy two fantastic dives at Satonda and Moyo Islands for more chances for ghost pipe fish, ribbon eels, turtle, cuttlefish and more before we cruise overnight to Benoa in the south of Bali. 2 dives
- Saturday After breakfast we transfer you ashore at 9am to continue your vacation… or its time to head home to start planning your next Mermaid cruise! 0 dive
- Saturday, overnight on Bali.
- Sunday, sightseeing around the island of Bali [WIKI| Google| www.baliguide.com]. Depart late this afternoon for Singapore [WIKI|Google| www.visitsingapore.com]. Overnight and sightsee.
- Return home either on the 28th or 29th depending on airline schedule.
- TOTAL DIVES FOR WEEK: 20
Cost per person is going to be right around US $7600.
- all airfare: Atlanta-San Francisco-Singapore-Manado-Bali-Singapore-San Francisco-Atlanta
- all hotel accommodations, based on double occupancy:
- Lembeh Resort covers all meals (no alcohol) and diving with Nitrox
- Mermaid II covers all meals (no alcohol) and diving (Nitrox is extra)
- Overnight accommodations in Bali and in Singapore.
What it doesn’t cover
- taxes, like Marine Park, etc., for diving
- visa fees/departure taxes or fees; gratuities
- some food while transferring and overnighting
- tour guide hires & transportation in Singapore and Bali
- We will provide a more detailed list of what is not covered a little later.
Just in case you didn’t catch the links above be sure and click through some of these Wikipedia Travel articles!